David R. Cox Scholarship for Rare Compassion
With 1 out of 10 people affected by rare disease, still, medical professionals often do not recognize or encounter one of the 7,000 that exist today.
In an effort to build the bridge of understanding and compassion among medical professionals, Global Genes presents the third year of the David R. Cox Scholarship for Rare Compassion. This scholarship program is an opportunity for emerging medical students to connect to the rare disease community with the goal of developing and understanding compassion for the challenges and lifestyles that patients diagnosed with a rare disease are faced with everyday.
All medical students are eligible to be matched with a rare disease patient and/or family, and those who meet the requirements may have the opportunity to submit an essay or audio submission about their experience for consideration to receive a scholarship.
To learn more about the matching program and eligibility for the scholarship submission, check out our guidelines below.
Don’t forget to share our flyer with your fellow medical and patient community!!
- 1st Place: $5,000.00 and complimentary registration to the Global Genes 2018 RARE Patient Advocacy Summit plus a travel support scholarship of $600
- 2nd Place: $2,500.00
- 3rd Place: $1,500.00
- 2018 RARE Compassion Program Opens- Monday, January 1, 2018
- 2018 Request Form Closes- Thursday, February 15, 2018
- Families and medical students are matched- Thursday, February 15, 2018 to Thursday, March 1, 2018
- Scholarship submissions due- Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- Scholarship recipients will be notified- Wednesday, June 20, 2018
- 2018 Patient Advocacy Summit (optional to attend)- October 3, 2018 to October 5, 2018
For questions, please email Ashley Yee, Senior Manager, Patient Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.