Dr. Jan Dommerholt Webinar on “Physical Therapy for Ehlers-Danlos” – Video Recording
EDS Awareness invites you to watch this FREE webinar recording!
Sponsored by www.bodysupportstore.com
TOPIC: “Physical Therapy for Ehlers-Danlos”
PRESENTER: Dr. Jan Dommerholt
About our speaker: Jan Dommerholt, DPT
Jan is a recognized expert in the physical therapy diagnosis and treatment of persons with chronic pain syndromes, including EDS. He has lectured at EDNF patient and physician conferences.
To receive notifications of upcoming EDS Webinars via email, Click Here.
To watch more EDS webinar recordings, Click Here.
Dr. Jan Dommerholt, PT, DPT, MPS, DAAPM
Jan Dommerholt is the owner of Bethesda Physiocare in Maryland. Dr. Dommerholt has taught many courses and lectured at conferences, including EDNF patient and physician conferences.
He is a recognized expert in the physical therapy diagnosis and treatment of persons with myofascial pain syndrome, chronic pain syndromes, and whiplash associated disorders.
Education & Associations
– Dr. Dommerholt received his Master of Professional Studies with a concentration in biomechanical trauma from Lynn University
– His Doctorate in Physical Therapy is from the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences.
– Dr. Dommerholt is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Management and a member of several medical and physical therapy professional organizations.
– Dr. Dommerholt has published several books, 90 articles, and nearly 60 chapters in medical and physical therapy textbooks on myofascial pain, chronic pain conditions, fibromyalgia, complex regional pain syndrome, and whiplash.
– He prepares a literature review column on myofascial pain syndrome for the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies. Partial list of pertinent publications . Partial list of pertinent publications
Areas of Interest
– Dr. Dommerholt has combined his interests in music and physical therapy. He has also specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of musicians with musculoskeletal problems.
– He has studied physical therapy approaches for persons with craniomandibular pain and completed an advanced internship with Dr. Mariano Rocabado in Santiago, Chile.
– Dr. Dommerholt has studied dry needling techniques in Europe, the United States and Canada, and has incorporated these techniques into his manual therapy practice. He teaches trigger point dry needling courses.
Click the BLUE button below to see a previous presentation by Dr. Dommerholt.