– Dr. Anne Maitland is a Fellow of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology and a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI).
– Her clinical focus is to upgrade efforts to meet the needs of under-served communities, plagued by immune mediated disorders, such as mast cell activation disorders, such as anaphylaxis, asthma, and food sensitivities as well as primary immunodeficiencies.
– As of July 2021, Dr. Maitland will be joining Drs. Bolognese and Ruhoy, at Mt Sinai South Nassau hospital, to help start a multi-discipline center to address disorders that travel with EDS and Chiari Syndromes.
– Dr. Anne Maitland is the current chairperson of Mast Cell Disorders of the AAAAI and faculty member of the MCA disorders subcommittee of Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) grant for with patients diagnosed with a connective tissue disorder, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS).
– She is the former past Chair of the Committee for the Underserved of the AAAAI,
– Dr. Anne Maitland is a faculty member of the Allergy/Immunology division of the National Medical Association
– Recent publications describe clinical phenotypes of pediatric and adult patients, coping with an emerging triad of clinical syndromes = Connective tissue Syndromes, including Ehlers Danlos/ Immune dysfunction, including mast cell activation disease.