Free Webinar: “Orthopedic Issues in the EDS Hand, Wrist and Arm” – Recording Available
PRESENTER: Dr. William Ericson
Sponsored by www.bodysupportstore.com
The slides used in this presentation will be posted soon.
NOTE: There is a small black square on the presenter’s slides that we could not remove.
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS: Spread the knowledge! Please post this announcement on Facebook, and forward this to others who may be interested in this learning session.
About our speaker:
- Dr. Ericson is an award-winning orthopedic hand surgeon with a special interest in painful conditions that do not show on standard diagnostic tests, including joint instability and peripheral nerve problems. He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry from MIT with a thesis on collagen and elastin, and then graduated from Harvard Medical School. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery and hand surgery, and is in private practice in the Seattle area, with a large number of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome patients in his practice. He has developed a unique and highly successful approach to treating upper extremity pain and weakness in this patient population.
- Dr. Ericson belongs to over 20 specialty societies and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and a Fellow of the Association of Extremity Nerve Surgeons, who awarded him the Jules Tinel MD Award in 2009 for his work in this area. He was the Chief of Hand Surgery at Winchester Hospital, Winchester, MA from 1994 until 2005, and he is a past-President of the Massachusetts Orthopedic Association.
SPECIALTY: Diagnosis and treatment of upper extremity problems causing pain, weakness, numbness, or other limitation of hand function
- Upper extremity pain: wrist pain, thumb pain, hand pain, arm pain
- Joint hypermobility issues, painful joint instability; arthritis; enthesopathy
- Dupuytren Disease, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hansen Disease
- Innovations in hand surgery; Failed previous hand or arm surgery
- “Tennis Elbow” in non-tennis players
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- College: MIT
- Medical School: Harvard
- Internship: General Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, Tufts-New England Medical Center Hospitals, Boston
- Fellowship: Hand Surgery, Tufts-New England Medical Center Hospitals, Boston
- Microsurgery: Curtis National Hand Center, Baltimore; Mayo Clinic, Rochester
We appreciate your Facebook shares, Likes and comments