Disability Sanctuary started as a dream in late 2010. Whilst i was suffering with a disability of my own and becoming housebound i began to look online for socialisation. I managed to find disability forums and other communities but i soon felt that something was missing from them. This is where i began to dream of making a modern, friendly and vibrant community that was accessible to all and easy to navigate.
After pitching the idea around we managed to secure some funding so the work could finally begin. The funding has allowed us to provide the features you see on Disability Sanctuary and they are all on one website for your convenience, so no more changing from one website to another to find what you are looking for.
- To help every disabled person have access to all support, information and advice available on this site
- To give the disabled a voice on issues that are important to them and others concerned
- To provide helpful up-to-date information
- To give the disabled access to related online events, seminars and webcasts
- To help the disabled have fun and meet new friends online
- To make it unnecessary for any disabled person to feel lonely and isolated
- To enable people to be in control of their own health and wellbeing
- To provide a platform for access to peer support
What you can expect from us
You will have access to advice and information about standard, holistic alternatives and other therapies to help with your disabilities and conditions.
You will find information about vitamins, minerals, medications and supplements which enable you to be in control of your health and wellbeing.
Disability Sanctuary is aware that not everyone can rely on alternative methods so we will give access to information about which alternatives can be used alongside your standard medications.